Augusta Commission moves forward with TEE Center parking deal

By: Chris Thomas Email
By: Chris Thomas Email

Monday, Aug. 27, 2012

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Augusta commissioners say they have reached a deal on the TEE Center parking deck.

A 70-30 deal was reached on Monday during a special-called meeting.

This means the city gets 70 percent of the profits and the Marriott gets the remaining 30 percent.

Commissioners were going to vote on it last week but decided against it. Both sides tell News 12 they're just glad it's done.

"Great, relieved," said Darryl Leach, vice president of the Marriott. "Well, we've been running it for 11 months, so yeah, I guess we just needed to get the documents done."

Another part of the agreement includes building a crosswalk from the parking deck to the TEE Center -- hopefully, to keep people out of traffic or bad weather.

There is no word on the time frame for the paperwork and project to be finished.

Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.

Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission. is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 167603505 -
Gray Television, Inc.