Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- There's some bad news for families who need help keeping their homes warm this winter.
News 12 has learned the CSRA Economic Authority's LIHEAP Program is out of money. They received $1,066,036 to help families with their heating bills this year.
The EOA opened up registration at the start of November. Workers say with the money is already gone due to the number of elderly and homebound households that have already applied.
There is a waiting list for the LIHEAP Program. You can sign up starting Thursday at the following locations:
- Burke County Senior Center, (706) 437-8007
- Emanuel County Senior Center, (478) 237-5434
- Glascock Action Partners, Inc., (706) 598-0722
- McDuffie Senior Center, (706) 595-7502
- Telfair NSC, (706) 722-2207 or (866) 722-4346
- Telfair EAP Office, (706) 724-0701 or (877) 722-0706
- Dougherty Park NSC, (706) 722-7511
- Screven County Senior Center, (912) 564-2077
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.