Need help? Call 211

By: STAFF Email
By: STAFF Email

In these tough economic times, more and more of us are finding that we can't do it on our own. If you need help, you can call 211 to find out where to get it.

United Way 211 provides information and referral services for the following:

  • Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing closets, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance.

  • Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, Children’s Health Insurance Program, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation.

  • Employment Supports: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs.

  • Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services.

  • Support for Children, Youth and Families: childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services.

  • Volunteer Opportunities and Donations.

To get or give help, call 211.

Utility companies can help you with high bills. Call Georgia Power at 706-826-7937, and SCE&G at 800-251-7234.

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 30745239 -
Gray Television, Inc.