Home and Family Headlines
UPDATE | Bodies involved in GBI mix-up to return to their rightful places
- The bodies involved in a GBI mix-up will soon be going to the right places. Next week, coroners from Richmond, Burke, Lincoln, and other nearby counties will head to Atlanta for a sit down with the GBI and area lawmakers. They want answers about hiring a medical examiner for the Augusta region.
Local crews head to N. Georgia to help with problems from ice
- Georgia Power crews arrived to work Monday morning with packed bags, ready to hit the road.
Community questions dangers of chemical spill from train derailment
- Cleanup continues in Martin after a train derailment spilled 19,000 gallons of hydrochloric acid, 4,000 gallons of diesel fuel, and about 100 gallons of sodium hydroxide.
Group teaching community to 'Grow Your Own Groceries'
- A group in Burke county called Brandler Community Organics is helping feed the community, but also helping the community feed itself.
James Brown's widow entitled to half of estate
- The lengthy battle began the day Brown died, when his wife, Tommie Rae, was locked out of his Beech Island home.
More Home and Family Headlines
CNN Money: Personal Finance