Students say GRU is passing out handicap citations to people with disabilities
- GRU students are turning to News 12 for help. They say students are getting parking tickets for using handicap spaces, even if they have a disability.
Local man: "A blunt a day keeps the doctor away"
- While lawmakers have been debating the issue of legalizing marijuana for a couple of years, some patients are taking action on their own, whether weed is legal or not.
Thomson man gives kidney to stranger to save sister-in-law's life
- A chain of transplant donors and patients is linking the country. One link of that chain lands in Thomson where a man donates a kidney to a stranger to save his sister-in-law's life.
Visit from President of American Academy of Nursing at GRU Canceled
- Due to inclement weather, the visit Dr. Diana Mason scheduled for Friday at Georgia Regents University has been canceled.
What's Going Around? Allergies
- This week, we're hearing from Augusta Internal Medicine at Trinity Hospital of Augusta.
What's Going Around? Respiratory illness due to Flu
- Dr. Mark Newton at Doctors Hospital says there's an increase of respiratory illnesses due to the flu in his office this week.
What's Going Around? Helping you lose weight in the new year
- We are just two months into the new year and people are not giving up on their resolution to lose weight.
What's Going Around? February is National Heart Attack Awareness Month
- Medical Director Mac Bowman with University Hospital's Heart Attack & Stroke Center wants to remind you February is national heart attack awareness month.
Bill legalizing certain types of medical marijuana filed in Georgia
- He's a little boy with a big mission, to test how well cannabis oil works in children living with seizures. It's been almost one month since 7-year old Preston Weaver started therapy.
What's Going Around?: Flu-like illnesses
- This week's doctor for what's going around offices in our area is Dr. Janis Coffin, the director of the GRHealth Family Medicine Clinic at Georgia Regents Medical Center.
GRU studying habits of electronic cigarette users
- Last year, more than 40 million adults reported using e-cigarettes. But, the perception e-cigarettes are better for your health than regular ones may not be entirely true.
What's Going Around? The Flu
- News 12 is bringing back a segment letting you know what's going around some doctors offices in our area.
Trooper saves baby's life during routine traffic stop
- No one likes to see blue lights in the rear view mirror, but a traffic stop in Aiken turned out to be a huge blessing.
More than 389K Georgians enrolled for health coverage
- Federal officials say more than 398,000 Georgians have enrolled for health coverage through the federally run insurance marketplace.
Local group working to put tablets in the hands of special needs kids
- A local woman is taking matters into her own hands, helping parents like her with special needs kids. She's putting tablets into parents' hands, helping special kids learn, and even speak.
More HealthTeam12 Headlines