"What's Going Around?" (July 20, 2015)
- Patients suffering from seasonal allergies are filling up one doctor's office.
UPDATE | Power back on at University Hospital
- University Hospital says it is dealing with a power outage this afternoon.
Doctor: Georgia in crisis over pregnancy care
- Georgia ranks 50th in the country for maternal mortality rate. Just when you thought we'd hit rock bottom, it gets worse.
Ebola is found in doctor's eye months after virus left blood
- For the first time, Ebola has been discovered inside the eyes of a patient months after the virus was gone from his blood.
Local disability advocates work to bring updated handicap signs to Augusta
- The traditional handicap sign is getting an upgrade to a new, more active looking symbol. It's part of a nationwide movement called the 'Accessible Icon Project.'
SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT: Hand held technology becoming an actual 'pain in the neck'
- Between cell phones, tablets, and laptops, a lot of us spend a lot of our time looking at a screen. In a News 12 Special Assignment, Laura Warren takes a look at a new condition called 'text neck.'
Local 12-year-old with double lung transplant meets golfer Erik Compton
- In a story of firsts, a journey from two operating rooms crosses on a Masters green and leaves a lasting impression on both a local girl and a pro golfer.
Students say GRU is passing out handicap citations to people with disabilities
- GRU students are turning to News 12 for help. They say students are getting parking tickets for using handicap spaces, even if they have a disability.
Local man: "A blunt a day keeps the doctor away"
- While lawmakers have been debating the issue of legalizing marijuana for a couple of years, some patients are taking action on their own, whether weed is legal or not.
Thomson man gives kidney to stranger to save sister-in-law's life
- A chain of transplant donors and patients is linking the country. One link of that chain lands in Thomson where a man donates a kidney to a stranger to save his sister-in-law's life.
Visit from President of American Academy of Nursing at GRU Canceled
- Due to inclement weather, the visit Dr. Diana Mason scheduled for Friday at Georgia Regents University has been canceled.
What's Going Around? Allergies
- This week, we're hearing from Augusta Internal Medicine at Trinity Hospital of Augusta.
What's Going Around? Respiratory illness due to Flu
- Dr. Mark Newton at Doctors Hospital says there's an increase of respiratory illnesses due to the flu in his office this week.
What's Going Around? Helping you lose weight in the new year
- We are just two months into the new year and people are not giving up on their resolution to lose weight.
What's Going Around? February is National Heart Attack Awareness Month
- Medical Director Mac Bowman with University Hospital's Heart Attack & Stroke Center wants to remind you February is national heart attack awareness month.
More HealthTeam12 Headlines