President of American Academy of Nursing will speak at GRU Friday
Updated: 11:25 AM
- The President of the American Academy of Nursing will visit Georgia Regents University on Friday.
What's Going Around? Allergies
Posted: 10:47 AM
- This week, we're hearing from Augusta Internal Medicine at Trinity Hospital of Augusta.
What's Going Around? Respiratory illness due to Flu
Posted: 10:43 AM
- Dr. Mark Newton at Doctors Hospital says there's an increase of respiratory illnesses due to the flu in his office this week.
What's Going Around? Helping you lose weight in the new year
- We are just two months into the new year and people are not giving up on their resolution to lose weight.
What's Going Around? February is National Heart Attack Awareness Month
- Medical Director Mac Bowman with University Hospital's Heart Attack & Stroke Center wants to remind you February is national heart attack awareness month.
Bill legalizing certain types of medical marijuana filed in Georgia
- He's a little boy with a big mission, to test how well cannabis oil works in children living with seizures. It's been almost one month since 7-year old Preston Weaver started therapy.
What's Going Around?: Flu-like illnesses
- This week's doctor for what's going around offices in our area is Dr. Janis Coffin, the director of the GRHealth Family Medicine Clinic at Georgia Regents Medical Center.
GRU studying habits of electronic cigarette users
- Last year, more than 40 million adults reported using e-cigarettes. But, the perception e-cigarettes are better for your health than regular ones may not be entirely true.
What's Going Around? The Flu
- News 12 is bringing back a segment letting you know what's going around some doctors offices in our area.
Trooper saves baby's life during routine traffic stop
- No one likes to see blue lights in the rear view mirror, but a traffic stop in Aiken turned out to be a huge blessing.
More than 389K Georgians enrolled for health coverage
- Federal officials say more than 398,000 Georgians have enrolled for health coverage through the federally run insurance marketplace.
Local group working to put tablets in the hands of special needs kids
- A local woman is taking matters into her own hands, helping parents like her with special needs kids. She's putting tablets into parents' hands, helping special kids learn, and even speak.
Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- Health officials say the flu is now hitting hard in parts of the country, especially the South and Midwest.
Help available for those struggling with depression during the holidays
- The holidays can be a tough time for people who suffer from depression. Local law enforcement agencies say they see a spike in suicidal calls this time of year.
US adult smoking rate dips just under 18 percent
- Smoking is the nation's leading cause of preventable illness. It's responsible for the majority of lung cancer deaths and is a factor in heart attacks and a variety of other illnesses.
More HealthTeam12 Headlines