Worker electrocuted at Marlboro Co. High School

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012

BENNETTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) -- Authorities say a man from Rock Hill appears to have been electrocuted while working at Marlboro County High School.

Investigators said the body of 44-year-old Jeffrey Cheek was found around 8 a.m. Wednesday. He was working on a generator in the school's electrical room.

Authorities say students were kept in their classrooms for about two hours while the death was investigated.

Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown says all signs point to Cheek being electrocuted, but he has scheduled an autopsy Thursday to verify the cause of death.

(Copyright 2012, The Associated Press)

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173577971 -
Gray Television, Inc.