Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2012
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) -- The White House says President Barack Obama considers the deadly assault on the U.S. consulate in Libya a terrorist attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says it is "certainly the case that it is our view as an administration, and the president's view, that it was a terrorist attack." Four Americans were killed in the attack, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.
Carney's comments came after Republican Mitt Romney accused Obama of failing to acknowledge what Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and other officials have said-- that the attacks in Benghazi were acts of terrorism against the U.S.
Obama has declined several chances to call the incident a terrorist attack. He said last week that extremists used an anti-Islam video as an excuse to assault U.S. interests.
(Copyright 2012, The Associated Press)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.