SC woman electrocuted while mowing lawn

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012

BLACKSBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Authorities say a 50-year-old woman died after her lawnmower ran over an extension cord.

Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler says Wendy Panther of Blacksburg was electrocuted while cutting the grass Friday afternoon. He has ruled the death an accident.

Fowler says Panther called the gas company after striking and knocking over a propane gas tank. Freeman Gas employers found her on the ground beside the riding lawnmower when they arrived about 30 minutes later.

Fowler says it appears Panther got off the mower after running over an electrical extension cord and attempted to untangle it from the blade when she received a 110-volt electrical shock.

The cord was still plugged in when the gas service men arrived. They unplugged it, called 911 and began CPR.

(Copyright 2012, The Associated Press)

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 169104366 -
Gray Television, Inc.