Friday, Jan. 11, 2013
TAFT, Calif. (AP) -- California authorities are investigating allegations that a 16-year-old boy held in a classroom shooting that wounded a classmate had been suspended from school last year for having a hit list.
Kern County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ray Pruitt says the reports of the hit list are being looked into as part of the investigation into Thursday's shooting at Taft Union High School in the city of Taft.
Almost immediately after the shooting, other students began giving accounts about the suspect having drawn up a list at some point.
The sheriff's spokesman says the teen was booked into juvenile hall for investigation of two counts of attempted murder and one count of assault with a deadly weapon. Investigators plan to submit their case to the district attorney's office on Monday.
(Copyright 2013, The Associated Press)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.