British Columbia coroner: 'Glee' actor died of heroin, alcohol overdose

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press
(Credit: MGN Online / Eva Rinaldi)

(Credit: MGN Online / Eva Rinaldi)

Tuesday, July 13, 2013

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- A coroner says `Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."

(Copyright 2013, The Associated Press)


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215727941 - wrdw.com/a?a=215727941
Gray Television, Inc.