Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012
ATLANTA (AP) -- Students from an Atlanta elementary school where potentially deadly carbon monoxide seeped into the air will attend classes at a middle school about three miles away on Tuesday.
School officials hope to reopen Finch Elementary School after repairs are made to a faulty boiler. More than 40 students and seven adults were treated at hospitals after complaining of symptoms from the colorless, odorless gas.
Atlanta Public Schools said in a statement Tuesday morning that students can still walk to Finch, and buses will pick them up there and take them to Kennedy Middle School. Parents can drop off their children at Finch, where buses will pick them up, or at Kennedy.
Finch Elementary has no carbon monoxide detectors, and Georgia law does not require them in schools.
(Copyright 2012, The Associated Press)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.