News 12 at 11, September 19, 2007
AUGUSTA, Ga.---A former North Augusta planning official charged with child molestation will be heading to court next month. Attorney Vic Hawk says he expects Ed Meloan to be court October 3 in Aiken to face charges.
Ed and his wife Susan appeared at a bond hearing together last month. The Meloans are charged in a case that reaches back 40 years. Ed Meloan is accused of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, committing a lewd acts on a minor and sexual exploitation of a minor related to film and video images of children engaging in sexual activities.
Susan Meloan is accused of having sex with a 15-year-old boy at the couple's North Augusta home sometime in 1976. Attorney Vic Hawk says he still plans to take her case to trial.
Ed Meloan was host of a TV show on WRDW-TV called "Shock Theater" years ago.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.