Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Italy's highest court has overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case.
NYC mayor: Injury toll in explosion, collapse rises to 22
- The number of people injured in an apparent gas explosion that destroyed three New York City apartment buildings has risen to 22. Police are still searching for at least two people who are unaccounted for.
Baseball kills Valdosta high school athlete hit during game
- Valdosta High School officials say a freshman athlete is dead after a baseball struck him in the head during a game.
Tybee Island weighs smoking ban for largest Ga. public beach
- Georgia's largest public beach could become off limits to smoking next year.
Aaron Hernandez's fiancee: He was intoxicated before killing
- The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has testified in his murder trial that he was intoxicated in the hours before the killing of her sister's boyfriend.
Attempted murder charge for woman in fight over cinnamon bun
- Police say a fight over a cinnamon bun has led to an attempted murder charge against a Myrtle Beach woman.
UPDATE | NY fire may be gas-related
- NY mayor: Preliminary evidence says gas-related blast to blame for fire, building collapse.
Bills with more money for roads on floor of House and Senate
- Different plans to get more money to South Carolina roads are now on the floor of the House and Senate, but there are still plenty of roadblocks.
Georgia Senate passes controversial ride sharing legislation
- The state Senate has overwhelmingly passed a slightly tweaked substitute measure to a House bill that apparently clears the way for Uber, Lyft and other ride sharing firms to keep operating in Georgia.
Ga. police chief, assistant chief charged with stealing
- Authorities say a small town police chief and assistant chief in northwest Georgia have been charged with stealing government funds and violating their oaths of office.
NASA details plans to pluck rock off asteroid, explore it
- NASA is aiming to launch a rocket to an asteroid in five years and grab a boulder off of it -- a stepping stone for an eventual trip sending humans to Mars.
7 sailors charged after videos surfaced of females on board
- The Navy has charged seven sailors in connection with the illicit videotaping of female officers and student trainees aboard a submarine.
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with desertion
- Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. Army sergeant controversially traded for 5 Taliban prisoners last year, will be hit with two charges from military prosecutors, his attorney told CBS News.
University of Georgia professor robbed at gunpoint
- Authorities say a University of Georgia professor was robbed at gunpoint near downtown Athens, one of a string of robberies reported to police in recent weeks.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines