Police: Family killed man over child custody dispute
- Police say a woman and some relatives lured her estranged husband into their home by offering to let him see his children, then beat him in the head with a hammer and fatally shot him as he tried to run away.
GOP legislators to introduce medical marijuana bills
- Republican legislators in conservative South Carolina expect to introduce bills next month allowing marijuana to be grown and prescribed for certain illnesses.
Lawyers snipe as jury selection resumes in Tsarnaev trial
- A federal prosecutor has accused a lawyer for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev of trying to "encourage" a hung jury.
Man in prison charged in 1999 North Charleston death
- A man serving a life prison sentence has been arrested and charged with killing a woman in North Charleston in 1999.
South Carolina Governor creates committee to study domestic violence
- Gov. Nikki Haley is creating another task force charged with finding a way to stem South Carolina's generational cycles of domestic abuse.
Gas blast at Mexico City children's hospital, dozens injured
- Mexico City officials say a gas tank truck has exploded outside a maternity and children's hospital, collapsing part of it and injuring dozens of people.
Relatives of GA teen found in gym mat sentenced to probation
- The parents and other relatives of a south Georgia teenager found dead in a rolled up gym mat have been sentenced to probation for blocking access to the Lowndes County courthouse during a 2013 protest.
Travel ban lifted, airport reopens after northeast blizzard
- Even though the big blizzard predicted by forecasters mostly bypassed New York City, New York's mayor is defending the decision to close roads. Bill de Blasio told NBC's "Today" show "You can't put a price on safety."
Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A judge has tossed out the convictions of nine South Carolina black men who integrated a whites-only lunch counter during the height of the civil rights movement.
GA inmate executed after stay denied by Supreme Court
- A man convicted in the killing of a fellow inmate has been executed in Georgia despite claims by his lawyers that he was intellectually disabled.
Jury convicts 2 ex-Vanderbilt players of raping woman
- A jury has convicted two ex-Vanderbilt football players of raping a former student inside a dorm room.
Father charged with capital murder in death of his daughter
- An eastern Alabama father is facing a murder charge in the death of his 3-month-old daughter.
Obama floats offering first-ever drilling lease in Atlantic
- The Obama administration floated a plan Tuesday that for the first time would open up a broad swath of the Atlantic Coast to drilling, even as it moved to restrict drilling in environmentally-sensitive areas off Alaska.
Local Homecoming Queen prepares for trip to meet the President
- Adejah Nesbitt is your typical high school senior. She studies hard, she's on the cheer squad, and she loves Taylor Swift. She also happens to be living with Autism. But, unlike most high school seniors, she'll be traveling to Washington D.C. to meet the President soon.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines