Ga. governor scolds president over young migrants
Updated: 4:13 PM
- The governor expressed concern that Georgia communities would have to provide medical and educational services to the young people awaiting processing.
Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
Posted: 3:55 PM
- The first two flights yesterday carried 40 coffins. Officials say there were 74 more coffins on today's flights. They say it could take weeks or months to identify all of the victims.
Alabama man claims penis mistakenly amputated
Posted: 1:42 PM
- The lawsuit says Banks went to Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham last month for a circumcision. The suit alleges the man's penis was gone when he awoke.
French Officials: plane missing over Mali probably crashed
Updated: 3:56 PM
- France's foreign minister says the Air Algerie flight that has gone missing over Mali has "probably crashed."
GM issues six more recalls
- The latest recalls bring the total for GM so far this year to 60, affecting a record 29.7 million cars and trucks. GM already has passed the 22 million vehicles recalled by all automakers last year.
With GOP runoff over, Perdue and Nunn face off
- The win marked the end of a bruising, nine-week GOP runoff in which Perdue hammered Kingston as a career politician for his 11 terms in Washington, while Kingston argued voters couldn't trust a self-proclaimed outsider to do what he says he'll do. In the end, voters decided change was needed and went with the political newcomer, whose cousin is former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue.
Georgia group to address jail gangs, contraband
- A group of corrections agencies are planning to discuss a multi-jurisdictional initiative aimed at cracking down on jail gangs and the use of contraband.
TransAsia Plane Crash In Taiwan Kills 51
- Taiwan's Central News Agency says a plane has crashed in a failed emergency landing, killing 51 people.
Historically black colleges face uncertain future
- But as enrollment and funding have declined for many of these institutions, the challenges of remaining open have increased. Five such schools have shut down in the last 20 years and about a dozen have had accreditation issues.
FAA tells US airlines not to fly to Tel Aviv
- The statement said the rocket strike landed about one mile from Ben Gurion International Airport Tuesday morning.
Good Samaritan awarded for saving boy from hot car
- The Good Samaritan who saved a child from a hot car is being called a hero.
GM wrongful death suit heads back to GA court
- A federal judge in Atlanta has sent an important wrongful death lawsuit against General Motors back to a Georgia court.
SC man charged with hugging child to death
- After the hug on June 27, 2013, someone in the home noticed the child was unconscious in his crib and unsuccessfully tried to resuscitate him.
South Carolina, Georgia receive more than $1M in clean vessel funds
- About three-quarters of the money will be used along the South Carolina coast.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines