UN chief names new head of Ebola mission as outbreak calms
- The U.N. chief has appointed a new head of the emergency mission responding to West Africa's Ebola outbreak.
Italian navy rescues 274 from migrant ship off Libyan coast
- Italian authorities say they have rescued 274 migrants from a migrant vessel in the Mediterranean, while more than 300 rescued a day earlier arrived in a port in Sicily.
2 Swedish hostages released in Syria
- Sweden says that two of its nationals, held hostage in Syria, have been released and are reunited with their families.
Aden hit by coalition airstrikes amid fierce street battles
- Security officials and eyewitnesses say Yemen's southern port city of Aden has been hit by dozens of Saudi-led coalition airstrikes.
United States sending one million dollars to Nepal after deadly earthquake
- The United States is sending a disaster response team and $1 million in aid to Nepal following a devastating earthquake that shook three countries.
UPDATE | Thorough sweep of Statue of Liberty turns up no explosives
- The Statue of Liberty is being evacuated, and New York City police say they're responding to a report of a suspicious package.
Ford recalls 390,000 cars to fix door latches
- Ford is recalling about 390,000 cars because the doors may not latch properly and could open while the cars are in motion.
Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
- Harley-Davidson is recalling nearly 46,000 motorcycles in the U.S. because they could stay in gear due to clutches that won't fully disengage.
Mayor wants answers about police policies in Gray's death
- The mayor of Baltimore says she wants answers to why police policies were not followed in the unexplained police-custody death of Freddie Gray.
UGA president looking to increase staff, faculty salaries
- University of Georgia President Jere Morehead says he's planning on increasing faculty and staff salaries next fiscal year.
Loretta Lynch wins confirmation as attorney general
- Loretta Lynch has won confirmation to serve as the nation's attorney general, ending months of delay.
Haley declares May as Teacher Appreciation Month
- Gov. Nikki Haley is encouraging residents to thank teachers for their contributions to children and South Carolina's future.
Michael Brown's parents sue over son's death
- The parents of Michael Brown have filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the city of Ferguson over the fatal shooting of their son by a white police officer.
Experts convening in SC for summit about marijuana use
- National experts in a variety of fields are gathering in Columbia this week for a summit on marijuana.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines