Cost of Thanksgiving is going up, but not by much
Posted: 10:54 AM
- The price for putting Thanksgiving dinner on the table is expected to rise slightly this year, to about $49.41.
Director Mike Nichols dies at 83
Updated: 8:48 AM
- Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," `'Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died.
Phone records lead Ga. sheriff's officials to murder suspect
Posted: 6:51 AM
- Investigators say phone records led them to a man suspected in the death of a 75-year-old woman who was found hogtied in her apartment.
Official says FSU gunman was alumnus
Updated: 3:20 PM
- May was fatally shot early Thursday after he shot three people at the Florida State library. Two are hospitalized and one has been released.
Iowa man arrested near White House with gun in car
- The Secret Service says R.J. Kapheim, 41, was arrested on a charge of having an unregistered firearm.
WHO chief promises transparency in Ebola response
- The head of the World Health Organization is refusing to respond to criticism about the U.N. agency's performance in containing the Ebola outbreak, saying the focus now should be on helping countries contain it.
Haley confident trip to India will produce jobs
- The recently re-elected Republican governor says she'll return with hundreds of contacts.
Snow blankets parts of New York; US feels chill
- The storm was blamed for five deaths in New York including three from heart attacks.
Girl, 2, in Savannah apartment killed by gunfire
- Police in Savannah are investigating the fatal shooting of a 2-year-old girl who was struck by gunfire inside an apartment, though few details were immediately available.
Missing Honduras beauty queen, sister found dead
- A top police official says what appear to be the bodies of Miss Honduras 2014 and her sister have been found.
Police investigating deadly shooting in DeKalb County
- Police are searching for whoever killed a young man inside a home near Stone Mountain.
Carolina Panthers owner funding Wofford arena
- Wofford College is building a new arena and naming after its benefactor, Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson.
DeKalb schools launch anti-harassment training program
- U.S. Department of Justice officials say the DeKalb County School District is launching an anti-harassment training programs for all students and staff.
UPDATE | SC releases list of most giving charities
Updated: 8:49 AM
- It's the time of year when people give to charities, and South Carolina Secretary of State Mark Hammond is releasing his annual list of Angels and Scrooges.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines