Relatives of GA teen found in gym mat sentenced to probation
- The parents and other relatives of a south Georgia teenager found dead in a rolled up gym mat have been sentenced to probation for blocking access to the Lowndes County courthouse during a 2013 protest.
Travel ban lifted, airport reopens after northeast blizzard
- Even though the big blizzard predicted by forecasters mostly bypassed New York City, New York's mayor is defending the decision to close roads. Bill de Blasio told NBC's "Today" show "You can't put a price on safety."
Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A judge has tossed out the convictions of nine South Carolina black men who integrated a whites-only lunch counter during the height of the civil rights movement.
GA inmate executed after stay denied by Supreme Court
- A man convicted in the killing of a fellow inmate has been executed in Georgia despite claims by his lawyers that he was intellectually disabled.
Jury convicts 2 ex-Vanderbilt players of raping woman
- A jury has convicted two ex-Vanderbilt football players of raping a former student inside a dorm room.
Father charged with capital murder in death of his daughter
- An eastern Alabama father is facing a murder charge in the death of his 3-month-old daughter.
Obama floats offering first-ever drilling lease in Atlantic
- The Obama administration floated a plan Tuesday that for the first time would open up a broad swath of the Atlantic Coast to drilling, even as it moved to restrict drilling in environmentally-sensitive areas off Alaska.
Local Homecoming Queen prepares for trip to meet the President
- Adejah Nesbitt is your typical high school senior. She studies hard, she's on the cheer squad, and she loves Taylor Swift. She also happens to be living with Autism. But, unlike most high school seniors, she'll be traveling to Washington D.C. to meet the President soon.
Ga. sisters sentenced in robbery, carjacking of SCAD student
- A Savannah woman and her teenage sister have been sentenced in the 2013 robbery and carjacking of a SCAD student.
Florida man accused in Ga. jewelry store burglary indicted
- A Florida man has been indicted in a suburban Atlanta jewelry heist.
Government reverses privacy issues on health care website
- The Obama administration is reversing itself after an outcry over consumer privacy on HealthCare.gov, the government's health insurance website.
GA lawmaker to introduce bill legalizing cannabis oil
- A Georgia lawmaker hopes to legalize cannabis oil for people with cancer, seizure disorders and other chronic diseases
2 men sentenced for recruiting SC homeless to cash checks
- Two Atlanta men have been sentenced for recruiting homeless people in South Carolina to cash counterfeit checks.
Winter rains pull SC out of early stages of drought
- Winter rains have pulled South Carolina out of the early stages of drought.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines