GA man sentenced in DUI crash that killed wife after wedding
- A north Georgia man has pleaded guilty in a DUI crash that killed his wife on the couple's wedding day.
Senate fails to override Obama's veto of pipeline bill
- The Republican-controlled Senate has failed to override President Barack Obama's veto of a bill approving the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
Fulton County police officer shot and killed in line of duty
- Authorities say a Fulton County police officer has been shot and killed in what authorities describe as an ambush.
Officers concerned about bill mandating SC cops wear cameras
- A bill to require all South Carolina police officers to wear body cameras raises privacy and financial concerns, some law officers told a state Senate panel Wednesday.
Pakistani man guilty in al-Qaida plot to attack NYC subway
- A U.S. jury has found a Pakistani man guilty in a failed al-Qaida conspiracy to attack the New York City subway and targets in Europe.
Reform plan cuts taxes, provides $340M more for schools
- Proponents of a plan to revamp education funding in South Carolina said Wednesday it cuts taxes while providing more money for poor, rural school districts.
US clears officer in Ferguson case, criticizes police force
- The Justice Department says it won't prosecute former Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of an unarmed black 18-year-old that led to weeks of protests.
House passes bill to regulate car hailing firms such as Uber
- The first of a slew of bills that would regulate popular car hailing services such as Uber has passed the Georgia House, and several more are under discussion.
Senate ratifies amendment allowing charity raffles in SC
- Charities across South Carolina should soon be able to hold raffles to raise money.
Chester County man charged with stomping dog to death
- A Chester County man has been arrested and accused of stomping a dog to death.
Attorney says ex-superintendent charged in Atlanta cheating scandal dies
- Beverly Hall, the former superintendent of Atlanta Public Schools charged in a cheating scandal, has died.
Execution date set for Ga. man convicted in 1992 slaying
- An execution date has been set for a man convicted in a 1992 murder. The Georgia Attorney General's office says 46-year-old Brian Keith Terrell's execution is scheduled for March 10.
Gunman, seven others, dead after Missouri rampage
- Although authorities still aren't offering a motive for the shooting deaths of seven people in Missouri overnight, by a man who then took his own life, they're suggesting that he may have become unhinged by the death of his mother.
Star Trek "Spock" actor Leonard Nimoy dies at age 83
- The actor best known for his role as Mr. Spock on "Star Trek" has died. His son says Leonard Nimoy died this morning in Los Angeles of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines