High court blocks same-sex unions in Virginia
Posted: 3:34 PM
- Without court intervention, same-sex couples would have been allowed to wed as of Thursday.
WHO: West Africa Ebola death toll rises to 1,350
Posted: 3:26 PM
- This comes after a number of airlines and shipping services have halted transport to the worst affected capitals of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge
Updated: 2:42 PM
- The challenge has caught on with notable figures participating in the campaign to raise money for the fight against ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease.
Holder: 'Change is coming' after police shooting
Posted: 2:38 PM
- Holder also was expected to meet with FBI agents and others involved in the independent federal investigation into Brown's death.
SC's ACT test scores stable as more take exam
Posted: 1:02 PM
- Twenty-three percent of South Carolina's test-takers met college-ready benchmarks in all four subjects: English, reading, math and science. That's up from 22 percent last year.
US authenticating video of American's killing
Posted: 11:24 AM
- White House National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden says the administration has seen the video.
Texas Gov. Perry booked on abuse of power charges
Posted: 11:22 AM
- Perry was indicted last week by an Austin grand jury. He's called the case a political ploy.
Latest Ferguson protests are smaller, more subdued
Posted: 11:16 AM
- The St. Louis suburb still had plenty of protest Tuesday over the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown, and tensions did rise briefly when a bottle was hurled at officers. But it was more subdued than other nights. Police said they made 47 arrests.
Police: St. Louis officers kill knife-wielding suspect
- Police Chief Sam Dotson said officers responded to Tuesday to a store where the man was reported to have stolen energy drinks and a pastry.
Man shows up for jail in T-shirt with mug shot
- The mug shot is making the rounds online thanks to The Smoking Gun, which posted it Monday.
Brita recalling children's water bottles
- The company said Tuesday that the lid of the hard-sided bottles can break into pieces with sharp points.
Vietnam veterans commemorate 45th anniversary
- Past American heroes gathered to remember their time in the armed forces.
UPDATE: No one injured in gas tanker fire in Wagener
- Crews are on scene a tanker fire in Wagener on Old 96 Indian Trail Rd.
Partridge Inn sale complete; undergoing $6 million renovation
- Partridge Inn Holdings, LLC has officially acquired The Partridge Inn in Augusta, Georgia with a top bid of $4.25 million.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines