GRU offering free health screenings for some farmworkers
- GRU Kicks off the 6th annual free health screen for local female farm workers.
Authorities in Aiken looking for a shooting suspect
- Authorities in Aiken are looking for a suspect in a shooting that injured one person.
US treated to partial solar eclipse Thurs.
- On Thursday, most of North America will have prime viewing of a partial solar eclipse. The new moon will hide part of the sun from view. The eclipse will unfold slowly following its start near the Kamchatka Peninsula in far eastern Russia.
South Carolina teacher charged with DUI at school
- Curtis told authorities she had two glasses of wine Sunday night. Public Safety Department officials say Curtis failed sobriety tests in the school parking lot and was arrested.
Travel magazine rates Charleston No. 2 in world
- And, for the fourth straight year, Charleston has been named the top travel destination in the United States by the magazine's readers. The travel publication unveiled its annual Readers Choice Awards on Monday.
South Carolina State Fair attracts nearly 475,000
- General Manager Gary Goodman said he's pleased with the Pink Fair that emphasized breast cancer awareness.
Man dies in police custody during breath test
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is probing the death of a 60-year-old man who died in police custody in northeast Georgia.
Facebook warns drug agency over fake profiles
- In a letter Friday to DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, Facebook's chief security officer, Joe Sullivan, says law enforcement agencies are held to the same community standards as civilian users. Those standards include bans on fake profiles.
Georgia Gov. Deal forming Ebola response team
- Atlanta city officials have also asked department heads for plans and preventative strategies on Ebola and other diseases.
Spartanburg officer charged with on-duty DUI
- Spartanburg Police say Canada had been with the agency for 11 years. He is on administrative leave as the state Highway Patrol investigates the crash.
Cops: Remains may be those of missing UVa. student
- Thousands of volunteers had searched for the 18-year-old Graham in the weeks since her disappearance. Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, has been charged with abduction with intent to defile Graham.
First US Ebola victim remembered for compassion
- Duncan's neighbors in Liberia believe he was infected by helping a pregnant neighbor who later died from Ebola.
More than 100 monitored for Ebola symptoms in Ohio
- State officials previously said 16 people Amber Vinson had contact with were being monitored. Officials say the sharp increase is a result of the identification of airline passengers who flew with Vinson between Dallas and Cleveland and the identification of people who also visited the dress shop where her bridesmaids were trying on dresses.
UN now training Ebola survivors to help with care
- Sarah Crowe has been back in New York for a week after five weeks in West Africa, and she began her briefing by announcing her current body temperature and holding up a bottle of hand sanitizer.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines