Stevens Creek in Edgefield County near 1990 flood levels
Updated: 6:47 PM
- Stevens Creek is expected to crest later tonight. If you see the creek continue to rise Edgefield Emergency Preparedness wants you to evacuate.
Georgia utility firms report more than 14,000 customers still without power after weekend storms
Updated: 9:25 AM
- Georgia utility firms report more than 14,000 customers still without power after weekend storms, down from 33,000.
Jury selection starting in Savannah jail death case
Posted: 6:10 AM
- Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Savannah for the trial of three former jail workers charged in the death of a 21-year-old detainee.
Search area expanded to locate missing Indonesian plane
Posted: 5:21 AM
- The search has widened for a plane with 10 people on board that went missing in eastern Indonesia three days ago.
Search for U.S. cargo ship continues
Posted: 4:59 AM
- Two Coast Guard cutters will search throughout the night for any sign of a missing U.S. cargo ship with 33 crewmembers aboard.
UPDATE: Hundreds rescued from floodwaters
Posted: 4:50 AM
- More door-to-door search operations are planned today in South Carolina, where hundreds of people already have been rescued from fast-moving floodwaters.
The Latest: US defense chief promises Kunduz investigation
- The latest developments from Afghanistan, where the international charity Doctors Without Borders says that nine local staffers were killed when its clinic came under "sustained bombing" as government and international forces continue to battle Taliban fighters in the northern city of Kunduz.
Police: Woman shot, killed at apartment complex in Charlotte
- Authorities are investigating after they say a woman was shot and killed at an apartment complex in Charlotte.
Farmer uncovers 11,000-year-old mammoth
- A Michigan farmer was digging in a field when he discovered the bones of an 11,000-year-old wooly mammoth.
UPDATE | Coast Guard locates life ring from ship lost off Bahamas
- The U.S. Coast Guard resumed its search early Saturday across Bahamian waters for a disabled cargo ship with 33 crewmembers, including 28 Americans, that lost contact during Hurricane Joaquin, which was moving away from the sprawling archipelago.
4 killed in South Carolina plane crash from Indiana
- Authorities say all four people who died in a plane crash were from Indiana.
Haley orders flags at half-staff to honor killed officer
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has ordered flags on state property to be flown at half-staff to honor the police officer who was shot and killed at a suburban mall.
GA trooper fired after crash kills 2 teens
- A Georgia State Patrol trooper has been fired for driving excessively fast in a crash that killed two teenagers from Paulding County.
4 killed in plane crash near GA, SC state line
- Authorities say a small plane crashed near a lake in South Carolina, killing all four people on board.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines