Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- The president of a college in central Kentucky says two firefighters were injured while using their fire truck ladder to help the school's marching band take part in an ice bucket challenge.
Ferguson's streets are quieter
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder met with federal officials investigating Brown's death and with Brown's parents.
378 people 'pay it forward' at Fla. Starbucks
- The Tampa Bay Times reports the chain finally ended around 6 p.m. when customer number 379 pulled up and ordered a regular coffee.
U.S. study on ramen noodles stirs questions in S. Korea
- Hence the emotional heartburn caused by a Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital study in the United States that linked instant noodles consumption by South Koreans to some risks for heart disease.
St. Louis police release video of shooting of knife-wielding man
- Police Chief Sam Dotson says both officers involved in the shooting remain on administrative duty pending investigations.
Official: Militants asked $132.5 million ransom
- U.S. policy prohibits the government negotiating with terrorists, including paying ransom.
Fighting in Ukraine as aid convoy reaches customs
- The Ukrainian border guard service says the trucks today began the process of clearing customs at the Russian border next to a rebel-held border post in Ukraine.
US launches more airstrikes in Iraq
- The military said the latest strikes destroyed or damaged three Humvees, multiple roadside bombs and another insurgent vehicle.
Tennessee student punished after saying ‘bless you’
- A Tennessee high school student says a common courtesy landed her in in-school suspension. Kendra Turner said, saying "bless you" to a classmate who sneezed, then defending herself to her teacher, landed her in trouble.
Doctor: No health risk from 2 US Ebola patients
- The aid group he worked for says he was expected to be released Thursday.
High court blocks same-sex unions in Virginia
- Without court intervention, same-sex couples would have been allowed to wed as of Thursday.
WHO: West Africa Ebola death toll rises to 1,350
- This comes after a number of airlines and shipping services have halted transport to the worst affected capitals of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge
- The challenge has caught on with notable figures participating in the campaign to raise money for the fight against ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease.
Holder: 'Change is coming' after police shooting
- Holder also was expected to meet with FBI agents and others involved in the independent federal investigation into Brown's death.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines