Safety agency studying Toyota acceleration problem
- An unidentified consumer said in a letter to the agency that a Corolla surged at low speeds several times, and the brakes failed to stop the car. The consumer said the problem caused one collision with a parked vehicle on June 8.
Suspended SC speaker being released on charges
- The case has been ongoing since Attorney General Alan Wilson accepted an ethics complaint against Harrell in 2013 and sent it to the State Law Enforcement Division for investigation. Wilson sent the case to the state grand jury.
Survey: ATM, checking account overdraft fees surge
- Despite the increased fees, there are ways savvy bank customers can avoid them altogether.
Arguments to begin in Atlanta test cheating trial
- A grand jury last year indicted 35 educators and administrators, but prosecutors have agreed to plea deals with 21 of them. Several could testify against their former colleagues.
Big names in town for sex trafficking conference
- The non profit I-Care is hosting a sex trafficking conference. They're training people across the board in different disciplines to recognize and help prevent sex trafficking.
Landmark $554M US-Navajo settlement made official
- Navajo officials say they will hold public meetings starting in October to seek community input on how the money should be spent.
IMF OKs $130 million for Ebola stricken countries
- Under the outlay, Liberia gets $49 million, Guinea $41 million and Sierra Leone $40 million. The IMF said these countries need an additional $170 million. The latest figures said more than 6,500 people are believed to have contracted Ebola.
Police: Man beheads woman at Oklahoma workplace
- A man who had been fired from a food processing plant in an Oklahoma City suburb beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot and wounded by a company official, police said Friday.
Fire at control site stops O'Hare, Midway flights
- A fire at a suburban Chicago air traffic control facility Friday halted to all flights in and out of the city's two airports.
More than 700 children exposed to TB in hospital
- The children may have been exposed at a nursery in the Providence Memorial Hospital of El Paso between September 2013 and last month.
SC trooper charged with felony in shooting
- Jones said he was just reaching for his license as Groubert had instructed. Groubert's lawyer says the officer justifiably feared for his life.
Obama accepts Holder resignation, praises record
- Holder is the first black attorney general, and his tenure is the fourth longest on the job.
SC officials issue plan for fighting obesity
- South Carolina health and agriculture officials have unveiled a plan to reduce obesity, which they say costs the state $8 billion in health care every year.
GA seeks to delay new teacher evaluation criteria
- Georgia is asking federal education officials to delay the start of teacher evaluations tied to test scores.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines