Package from Florida State shooter found in Texas
Posted: 10:56 AM
- Authorities were expecting more packages to be delivered Friday in several states.
ATF: 2 injured while burning dynamite in SC
Posted: 6:55 AM
- State and federal authorities are investigating after two people were injured following a dynamite explosion in Leesville.
Committee says all of SC in early drought
Posted: 6:53 AM
- State officials say all of South Carolina is now in the early stages of drought.
2 gang members arrested in SC mom's shooting death
Posted: 6:50 AM
- Columbia police have arrested two men they say are gang members in connection with a drive-by shooting that killed a Columbia mother.
Stunned sea turtles being treated in Charleston
Posted: 6:47 AM
- More than a dozen sick sea turtles are expected to be treated at the South Carolina Aquarium.
SC firefighter sentenced in murder for hire plot
Posted: 6:45 AM
- A former Charleston firefighter has been sentenced to federal prison for trying to hire an undercover police officer to kill his wife.
Emory, Georgia Tech to build joint library service center
Updated: 6:42 AM
- Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology plan to break ground soon on a new joint library project.
Georgia considers funding for $1B in transportation needs
Posted: 6:39 AM
- A panel must soon submit recommendations for funding an extra $1 billion in transportation infrastructure needs.
Defying GOP, Obama to spare 5M from deportation
- Obama will unveil his executive actions in a prime-time address Thursday night. Republicans fiercely oppose the measures and are weighing a range of legal and legislative challenges.
Union: Ferguson officer does not expect charges
- Roorda says Wilson has incurred significant legal, medical and relocation expenses and that a police charity has raised close to $500,000 for him.
SC extending insurance to same-sex spouses
- The announcement Thursday from the state Public Employee Benefit Authority comes one day after a Charleston judge issued the state's first gay marriage licenses.
Cost of Thanksgiving is going up, but not by much
- The price for putting Thanksgiving dinner on the table is expected to rise slightly this year, to about $49.41.
Director Mike Nichols dies at 83
- Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," `'Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died.
Phone records lead Ga. sheriff's officials to murder suspect
- Investigators say phone records led them to a man suspected in the death of a 75-year-old woman who was found hogtied in her apartment.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines