Coroner says Cross Creek student's body found in heavily wooded area
Updated: 8:41 PM
- The Sheriff's Office is not commenting on whether foul play could be a factor in Nick Dunn's death. They say they're waiting on the autopsy and toxicology results first, which could take weeks.
New DeShawn's location is open for business
Updated: 3:20 PM
- New DeShawn's Seafood and Chicken location is open for business.
Road in New York to be named after James Brown
Updated: 2:34 PM
- A road in New York City is going to be named after the Godfather Of Soul, James Brown.
Alleged academic fraud could affect 3,100 UNC students
Posted: 1:38 PM
- An academic fraud investigation at the University of North Carolina has found that more than 3,100 students were involved in a "shadow" curriculum" that occurred over nearly two decades.
Police: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa
Posted: 10:59 AM
- Police say a soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial has been shot by an unknown gunman.
GRU offering free health screenings for some farmworkers
- GRU Kicks off the 6th annual free health screen for local female farm workers.
Authorities in Aiken looking for a shooting suspect
- Authorities in Aiken are looking for a suspect in a shooting that injured one person.
US treated to partial solar eclipse Thurs.
- On Thursday, most of North America will have prime viewing of a partial solar eclipse. The new moon will hide part of the sun from view. The eclipse will unfold slowly following its start near the Kamchatka Peninsula in far eastern Russia.
South Carolina teacher charged with DUI at school
- Curtis told authorities she had two glasses of wine Sunday night. Public Safety Department officials say Curtis failed sobriety tests in the school parking lot and was arrested.
Travel magazine rates Charleston No. 2 in world
- And, for the fourth straight year, Charleston has been named the top travel destination in the United States by the magazine's readers. The travel publication unveiled its annual Readers Choice Awards on Monday.
South Carolina State Fair attracts nearly 475,000
- General Manager Gary Goodman said he's pleased with the Pink Fair that emphasized breast cancer awareness.
Man dies in police custody during breath test
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is probing the death of a 60-year-old man who died in police custody in northeast Georgia.
Facebook warns drug agency over fake profiles
- In a letter Friday to DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart, Facebook's chief security officer, Joe Sullivan, says law enforcement agencies are held to the same community standards as civilian users. Those standards include bans on fake profiles.
Georgia Gov. Deal forming Ebola response team
- Atlanta city officials have also asked department heads for plans and preventative strategies on Ebola and other diseases.
More Regional/National Headlines
Home and Family Headlines