Wednesday, June 19, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The Augusta Convention and Visitors Bureau is offering discounts to Department of Defense employees at Fort Gordon.
The CVB says this comes in response to the federal budget sequestration furloughs.
Employees will have to show their DOD identification to receive the officers, which will be valid between July 1 and Sept. 30 and apply to the employee and up to 3 guests (unless otherwise noted).
Here's a list of the offers:
- Augusta Canal Discovery Center: Buy any one-hour Petersburg Boat tour ticket and get one free ($12.50 value).
- Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson: $1 off regular admission (25 percent savings).
- Clarion Suites Hotel: $49+tax for a double or king suite. Rate includes hot breakfast buffet, manager’s reception with two complimentary drinks, free wireless Internet and outdoor pool. Valid July 1 to Sept. 1 only.
- Historic Augusta Trolley Tour: $3 off tour tickets (20 percent off).
- Soul City Sirens: $8 general admission tickets for home bouts on July 14, Aug. 11 and Sept. 29 ($7 savings).
- Westobou Festival: 10 percent off advanced tickets. Tickets must be purchased at the Westobou office at 965 Broad Street. Not valid online.
Click here for more information.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.