Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2011
AIKEN -- Crews were on the scene of a structure fire on Converse Drive in Aiken near Whiskey Road this afternoon.
The fire started in a water bed heater and stayed confined to the bedroom. It was shortly put out.
The homeowner was outside on the back deck, heard the fire detector and came in to find the bed on fire. The homeowner was not hurt in the fire.
The call came in shortly before 12:30 p.m.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.