- Some New Year's parties are over before they started for some local bars. That's because this year's celebration falls on a Sunday, when Blue Laws keep places that serve mostly alcohol closed.
- Aiken County investigators say an Aiken man shot his wife and then himself to death. They think 73-year-old Carl Lee shot his wife, 72-year-old Virginia Lee, while she was in bed...
- Rev. Al Sharpton was with James Brown's daughters today as they picked out the different outfits Mr. Brown will wear for each memorial service. He told us they are strong but still very saddened.
- North Augusta house fire destroys garage; Augusta remembers James Brown; Augusta high school burglarized twice; search for missing Allendale teen resumes; 18-wheeler runs into embankment off I-20.
- 3,000 transplants are done each year in the United States, but we rarely meet the people behind them. Meet a Georgia couple celebrating perhaps the biggest gift either has ever received.
- In Allendale County, the search for a missing teenage girl is resuming. Erica Bradley's family tells News 12 a team from Texas will join the effort, as will a group from Walterboro, South Carolina.
- We all know it's one of the biggest movies of the year...but did you know one of the stars of "Dreamgirls" calls Augusta home? News 12's Jonathan Martin found out about Keith Robinson's trip to Hollywood.
- 'Tis the season for giving, and the Salvation Army has been out since November raising money for local families in need this Christmas season. But this year's donations may not meet the goal.
- It's a long way from Augusta to the Kennedy Center, to Carnegie Hall, to Paris, London, Japan. James Brown covered a lot of miles in his career, but he was always quick to tell you his heart belonged to Augusta.
- It seems everyone is rushing around right now, trying to get everything ready for Christmas. In that holiday rush, many people forget to take simple steps to protect their homes and the gifts inside.
- We're getting close to last minute status for those Christmas gifts. For many of the people on your list, it may mean gift cards. But those convenient gifts can leave you open to scams.
- The Godfather of Soul, James Brown, played Santa Claus today for his annual toy giveaway at the Imperial Theater. It's a tradition the Godfather has continued for 15 years, and it's inspiring others.
- The driver of a Pontiac Grand Am that lost control of his car early this morning has now been charged. He is accused of failure to maintain a lane, and violation of a limited permit.
- News 12's Jonathan Martin spoke with James Brown today about his annual toy giveaway. The Godfather took the opportunity to thank everyone who helped with the giveaway and to wish our soldiers a Merry Christmas.
- An employee at Augusta Recycling still shaken up after being robbed and assaulted Wednesday morning. The suspect is still on the loose and the victim's co-workers need your help identifying the robber.
- Drivers around here seem to be more interested in getting there quickly than driving legally. News 12's Stephanie Baker catches people turning the wrong way in this week's Dumb and Dangerous Driving.