Saturday, April 27, 2013
WILLISTON, S.C. (WRDW) -- A grocery store in Williston is now a total loss due to an early morning fire.
The Williston Fire Department was called to Price Wise Foods on Main Street around 3:30 a.m. after a police officer discovered fire spreading across the back of the building.
Five fire departments and about 50 firemen worked to put out the fire but were unable to save the building, according to the Williston fire chief.
Officials are still investigating the fire but say it began as an electrical fire.
Authorities say there were no fire alarms in the building.
One fireman was injured with a minor shoulder injury. Officials say he has been treated and is doing well.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.