Williston loses grocery store to fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

Saturday, April 27, 2013

WILLISTON, S.C. (WRDW) -- A grocery store in Williston is now a total loss due to an early morning fire.

The Williston Fire Department was called to Price Wise Foods on Main Street around 3:30 a.m. after a police officer discovered fire spreading across the back of the building.

Five fire departments and about 50 firemen worked to put out the fire but were unable to save the building, according to the Williston fire chief.

Officials are still investigating the fire but say it began as an electrical fire.

Authorities say there were no fire alarms in the building.

One fireman was injured with a minor shoulder injury. Officials say he has been treated and is doing well.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 205017571 - wrdw.com/a?a=205017571
Gray Television, Inc.