Wednesday, May 28, 2014
GRANITEVILLE, S.C. (WRDW) -- Eight deceased Aiken County residents whose bodies have gone unclaimed or funds were not available for their funeral arrangements will be laid to rest on Friday.
The service will be conducted at the Graniteville Cemetery on Gregg Highway on May 30 at 10 a.m, the coroner said. Friends and family of the deceased who could be found were told about the service.
The following citizens will be laid to rest:
- Ms. Lydia Ward who was born 11/18/1963 and died 05/23/2013
- Mr. Billy Cheek who was born 01/12/1964 and died 06/14/2013
- Mr. Thomas Keenan, who was born 08/07/1942 and died 11/21/2013
- Mr. Lester Thompson who was born 09/09/1945 and died 09/02/2013
- Mr. Robert Bailey was born 05/07/1964, died 02/01/2014
- Mr. Richard Maroney who was born 03/27/1959 and died 03/01/2014
- Mr. Joe Floyd who was born 10/10/1942 and died 01/31/2014
- Mr. Robert Bisou was born 02/04/1982 and died 04/17/2014
The Aiken County community is invited to attend the graveside services.
The Coroner’s Office has made every effort to contact their families and extended family members however some could not be located.