Friday, Nov. 30, 2012
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. -- Several Columbia County roads will be closed due to a 10K on Saturday morning.
The race begins and ends at Evans Towne Center Park, passing through the Camelot, Country Place, Winslow, Winslow on the Water, Saddle Creek, Cottages at Connemara, Tiller Place, Belair Evans and Pheasant Run subdivisions.
The Jingle Jam 10K benefits SafeHomes, a nonprofit for the intervention and prevention of domestic violence.
Road closures will take place between 7:30 and 10 a.m. Here is the list of closures:
- Southbound Evans Town Center Boulevard (from Evans to Locks Road to Ronald Reagan Drive)
- Ronald Reagan Drive (from Evans Town Center Boulevard to Washington Road)
- Gibbs Road will have a one-lane section with a pilot car and flaggers (from Bedford Road to Hebbard Way)
- Town Park Boulevard (from Town Park Lane to Hereford Farm Road)
- Hereford Farm Road will remain open to through traffic, but there will be multiple locations where runners will be crossing the road. You could see sudden stops between Gibbs Road and N Belair Road.
- Eastbound Washington Road will be down to one lane at Ronald Reagan Drive. Once all of the participants have gone past this point, eastbound traffic will be detoured onto Ronald Reagan Drive to Evans Town Center Boulevard to N Belair Road to Washington Road at N Belair Road.
- Westbound Washington Road will be closed down to one lane traffic at N Belair Road. Once the race has started, westbound traffic will be detoured onto Evans Town Center Boulevard to Ronald Reagan Drive to Washington Road.
You may want to take an alternate route or allow additional time for traveling in the area on Saturday morning.