Friday, Nov. 30, 2012
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. -- It's time for the Columbia County Parade! And with a parade, comes road closings. The information below is from Columbia County explaining the closures.
Evans Town Center Boulevard (from Ronald Reagan Drive to Evans to Locks Road) will be closed starting at 10 a.m. This is where parade staging will take place. Parade participants can get to the staging area at the intersection of Evans Town Center Boulevard and Ronald Reagan Drive.
Washington Road (from Ronald Reagan Drive to North Belair Road) and North Belair Road (from Washington Road to Cox Road/Owens Road) will be closed at 1:30 p.m.
The following county roads will be closed at their entrances and exits along the parade route:
- Evans to Locks Road
- Evans Town Center Boulevard
- Peachtree Road
- Lamkin Drive
- Hereford Farm Road
- Towne Centre Drive
- Marie Street
- Town Park Boulevard
- Town Park Lane
- Ponder Place Drive
- Village Square drive
- Walden Glen Drive
If you will be driving eastbound on Washington Road toward Martinez/Augusta/Belair Road/I-20:
- Turn right on Gibbs Road
- Go to the intersection of Gibbs Road/Cox Road at Hereford Farm Road
- Continue straight onto Cox Road
- Arrive to intersection with North Belair Road (this is where you can get to Belair Road and I-20)
- Go straight through intersection onto Owens Road and continue to Washington Road
If you will be driving eastbound on Washington Road toward Evans retail shopping, you will be able to go past Gibbs Road to Ronald Reagan Drive. Ronald Reagan Drive is the starting point where Washington Road is closed.
If you will be driving westbound on Washington Road toward Appling/Lincolnton:
- Turn left onto Owens Road
- Continue on Owens Road past intersection with Hereford Farm Road onto Gibbs Road
- Follow Gibbs Road until intersection with Washington Road
If you will be driving westbound on Washington Road toward Furys Ferry Road or South Carolina:
- Head west on Washington Road past Owens Road
- Merge to the extreme right lane before reaching North Belair Road
- Turn right onto North Belair Road and keep driving until you reach Furys Ferry
Do not try to use Hereford Farm Road or Towne Centre Drive to avoid the parade. These roads will not have any outlets onto or across North Belair Road or Washington Road.
And, of course, don't forget to tune into my12 to watch the entire parade! Here is the channel information for your cable providers: Box -- 12.2, Comcast -- 21, Knology -- 7, Atlantic Broadband -- 7, Charter -- 9, Direct -- does not carry My 12.