Outdoor cooker indoors starts house fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

Monday, June 16, 2014

NORTH AUGUSTA, SC (WRDW) -- North Augusta Public Safety says a man cooking indoors accidentally lit a mattress then his home on fire.

Firefighters were called to the home on the 500 block of West Pine Grove around 6:30 p.m.

Officers say the man living there was using an outdoor cooker indoors, and the cooker tipped over lighting a mattress on fire.

The home is considered a total loss. No one was injured.

Public Safety says no charges are being filed and the fire is considered accidental.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263392551 - wrdw.com/a?a=263392551