Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The Augusta Sports Council is bringing the International Quidditch Association's Southern Regional Championship to North Augusta in Martch.
Quidditch is a game that has been adapted from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books and movies into a real life sport.
Fourteen collegiate and club teams from Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mississippi and North Carolina will be competing in the two-day tournament to see who will make it to the World Cup in Florida.
The tournament is planned for March 2 and March 3 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverview Park.
The following teams will be participating:
- Tennessee Tech University
- University of South Carolina
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida State University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Ringling College
- University of Miami
- University of Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Winthrop University
- Florida International University
- College of Charleston
- Brevard Community College