Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released the following information about a tire recall.
Certain tires from Hercules Tire & Rubber Company have been found to experience in-service belt and tread separations, which could cause a drivers to lose unexpectedly lose control of their vehicles.
The following sizes of Hercules ALL TRAC A/T 10-ply Load Range E tires are being recalled:
- LT215/85R16 115/112S, DOT Serial Numbers JEHMECL5008-4010
- LT235/85R16 120/116S, DOT Serial Numbers JEKMECL4708-4010
- LT245/75R16 120/116S DOT Serial Numbers JEJKECL4608-4010
- LT265/75R16 123/120S, DOT Serial Numbers JENKECL4808-4010
- LT265/70R17 121/118S, DOT Serial Numbers JENJFCL5108-4010
- LT245/75R17 121/118S, DOT Serial Numbers JELKFCL5008-4010
- LT225/75R16 115/112S, DOT Serial Numbers JEJKECL5108-4010
The company will notify customers and replace these tires free of charge, including mounting and balancing.
You can call Hercules Tire at 1-888-965-5795 or by email alltracresponse@HerculesTire.com for more information. You can also call the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153) or visit www.safercar.gov.