Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012
THOMSON, Ga. -- News 12 has learned the cause of the fire at Temple Inland Forest Products in Thomson on Tuesday.
The McDuffie County Fire Department says a mechanical malfunction in a piece of equipment sparked the fire.
Approximately 60 firefighters were out battling the flames for several hours on Tuesday. No one was injured in the fire.
Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012
THOMSON, Ga. -- Crews worked all day to put out a fire at Temple Inland Forest Products in Thomson.
The fire broke out around 8:30 a.m. on the 1200 block of Harrison Drive.
Crews from Thomson, McDuffie County, Grovetown and Martinez Fire Departments -- approximately 60 firefighters total -- were all at the scene.
No one was injured in the fire and there was limited damage to the building and equipment. The plant is still operational.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.