UPDATE: Fire at Temple Inland Forest Products caused by 'mechanical malfunction'

Fire trucks on the scene at Temple Inland Forest Products. (WRDW-TV)
By  | 

Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012

THOMSON, Ga. -- News 12 has learned the cause of the fire at Temple Inland Forest Products in Thomson on Tuesday.

The McDuffie County Fire Department says a mechanical malfunction in a piece of equipment sparked the fire.

Approximately 60 firefighters were out battling the flames for several hours on Tuesday. No one was injured in the fire.

Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012

THOMSON, Ga. -- Crews worked all day to put out a fire at Temple Inland Forest Products in Thomson.

The fire broke out around 8:30 a.m. on the 1200 block of Harrison Drive.

Crews from Thomson, McDuffie County, Grovetown and Martinez Fire Departments -- approximately 60 firefighters total -- were all at the scene.

No one was injured in the fire and there was limited damage to the building and equipment. The plant is still operational.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus