UPDATE | Man dies in Barnwell County fire

By: Staff
By: Staff

Thursday, July 24, 2014

WILLISTON, S.C. (WRDW) -- A man died in a house fire in Williston on Wednesday from smoke inhalation, the Barnwell County coroner said.

The call came in at 7:10 a.m. and Dean Scarbeary was pronounced dead at 8:30 p.m. on 190 John Street. An autopsy will be performed Friday to confirm the cause of death, the coroner said.

This is the first fire fatality in 2014 for Barnwell County, the coroner said. The incident is being investigated by the Williston Fire Department and the Barnwell County Coroner’s Office.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 268472502 - wrdw.com/a?a=268472502
Gray Television, Inc.