Monday, March 7, 2014
EVANS, GA (WRDW) - Firefighters put out a house fire ignited by lightning, according to officials.
Crews are working at the house located at 1315 Maple Leaf Ct near the home of Columbia County EMA director Pam Tucker who says, she heard a deafening lightning strikes and knew it hit something close by.
A man who lives directly behind the house, called 911 after his wife said she saw it hit the home.
No injuries are reported. The roof, chimney, and one bedroom on the top floor of the home was damaged.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.