Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014
JACKSON, S.C. (WRDW) -- A home is destroyed after flames ripped through it in Jackson Wednesday afternoon.
The home is on the 300 block of 1st Street. The homeowner said she was home alone at the time of the fire.
The call came in around 11 a.m., Jackson Police Department and Jackson Volunteer Fire Department confirm.
She said she saw smoke and flames coming from her grown daughter’s room and got out of the house unharmed.
There were seven cats and one dog living in the home. The homeowner said one cat did not make it out.
The Red Cross is putting the homeowner and daughter up for three days.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.