intermedix Ironman 70.3
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The Ironman Triathlon will cause some traffic reroutes on Sunday.
No parking areas:
- Cyclists will be racing along Riverfront Drive, East Boundary and Sand Bar Ferry Road
- Aiken closures are located throughout Old Jackson Highway, Atomic Road, SRS-1 and SC-19, Old Whiskey Road, Woodland Drive, Cherryvale Avenue, Gray Mare Hollow Road, Silver Bluff Road, Boyd Pond Road, Hernon Dairy Road, Horse Creek Road, Pine Log Road, Atomic Road (SC-125) and Sand Bar Ferry. These streets are expected to be closed from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- The foot race will shut down a lane on Greene and Reynolds Streets.
- Broad Street will be closed from 13th street to East Boundary.
- Gordon Highway ramps will closed at Broad Street and Bay Street from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 5th Street Bridge will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- All roads should be back open by 6 p.m. Sunday night.
- Broad Street from East Boundary to 13th Street, including parking bays.
- Reynolds Street from East Boundary to Bay Street.
- 8th Street from Reynolds Street to Broad Street.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.