(Credit: MGN Online)
Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 2013
Edgefield, South Carolina- A fire broke out at The Federal Correctional Institution in Edgefield last night.
The Fire Department was called just after 9pm after smoke started coming out of an industrial dryer in the laundry department.
Firefighters came to assist but the staff was able to extinguish the fire.
Damage was limited to the dryer. No staff or inmates were injured as a result.
At no time, was there a threat to the local community. An investigation is underway.