Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The Richmond County Health Department has announced dates for tuberculosis testing and reading at Butler High School.
Here is the testing and reading schedule:
- Testing will take place Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- TB tests placed on Monday will be read on Wednesday.
- TB tests placed on Tuesday will be read on Thursday.
- TB tests placed on Wednesday will be read on Friday
- TB reading will take place Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
If a student is not tested during this time, they can go to the Health Department at 950 Laney Walker Boulevard between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday starting Nov. 12.
The scare started earlier this month when a student was believed to have contracted TB. Since then, students who have had contact with the student have been tested. Originally, only a smaller circle of students were tested, but testing was opened up to all students after students outside of the believed infected group had positive test results.