UPDATE: Fire started in AC unit of motel room

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
Crews battling a fire at the Motel 6. (WRDW-TV)

Crews battling a fire at the Motel 6. (WRDW-TV)

Thursday, March 7, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- Lt. Neal Brown says the fire at the Motel 6 on Boy Scout Road on Tuesday started in the AC unit in room 310.

The unit shorted out and set fire to the curtains and plastics in the room.

The room was not occupied at the time, and no was was injured.

Brown says the sprinkler system saved the building.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- Augusta firefighters were on the scene of a motel fire on Tuesday afternoon.

The fire is said to have started in a room on the third floor of the Motel 6 on Boy Scout Road.

Investigators say no one was injured in the fire.

The investigation is ongoing.

Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.

Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.

WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195378151 - wrdw.com/a?a=195378151
Gray Television, Inc.