Fire destroys sheds, melts vinyl siding on Warrenville house

By: Staff
By: Staff

Saturday, May 24, 2014

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- Crews spent more than half an hour fighting a fire that destroyed two sheds and came dangerously close to a home.

The Midland Valley Fire Department responded to a home on Hampton Drive in Warrenville around 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

The fire department says after the fire destroyed the sheds, the flames moved on to the house and melted the vinyl siding. Crews think the fire was caused from parking a riding lawn mower inside the shed while it was still hot.

No injuries were reported.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260554251 - wrdw.com/a?a=260554251