Fire destroys home on Vaucluse Road

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
More Video...

Monday, July 28, 2014

GRANITEVILLE, S.C. (WRDW) -- A home on Vaucluse Road near Good Springs Road has been destroyed in an early morning fire.

Graniteville fire officials tell News 12 the homeowner and her toddler were able to get out of the home without getting hurt, but the home is a total loss. Someone in the area saw the flames and reported the fire around 1:45 a.m.

Firefighters struggled to put out the flames because a power line fell on the home's fence, electrifying it. The power was turned off, allowing crews to reach the house.

The homeowner and her daughter are now staying with family. An investigation is underway to find out how the fire started.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 268836901 - wrdw.com/a?a=268836901
Gray Television, Inc.