Friday, Feb. 8, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning.
It happened at about 5:15 a.m. on the 900 block of Cedar Street near James Brown Boulevard.
Firefighters were called to the scene by a Richmond County deputy who reported seeing a glow in the sky.
Investigators say the fire was sparked by a space heater or the fireplace at the back of the house.
No one was home at the time.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.