UPDATE: Investigators say house fire likely accidental

A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning. (WRDW-TV)
A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning. (WRDW-TV)
By  | 

Friday, Feb. 8, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning.

It happened at about 5:15 a.m. on the 900 block of Cedar Street near James Brown Boulevard.

Firefighters were called to the scene by a Richmond County deputy who reported seeing a glow in the sky.

Investigators say the fire was sparked by a space heater or the fireplace at the back of the house.

No one was home at the time.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus