UPDATE: Investigators say house fire likely accidental

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning. (WRDW-TV)

A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning. (WRDW-TV)

Friday, Feb. 8, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- A fire destroyed a home in Augusta's Laney Walker neighborhood early Friday morning.

It happened at about 5:15 a.m. on the 900 block of Cedar Street near James Brown Boulevard.

Firefighters were called to the scene by a Richmond County deputy who reported seeing a glow in the sky.

Investigators say the fire was sparked by a space heater or the fireplace at the back of the house.

No one was home at the time.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 190345181 - wrdw.com/a?a=190345181
Gray Television, Inc.