UPDATE: FPL plant officials say fire was minor

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
More Video...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

AUGUSTA, GA (WRDW) -- Thursday morning's fire in the roof section of the plant was minor and caused by electrical problems above the ceiling, FPL plant officials said.

Fire crews said the fire at the FPL Food plant burned for hours.

Crews had been working to fight the blaze on New Savannah Road since 1:40 a.m. Officials say it reignited several times.

Plant officials say no person or cattle were injured in the blaze.

Officials say the plant will be closed temporarily to repair the damages.

Plant workers should call 706-364-5063 for updates and maintenance employees should come to work at their regularly scheduled times.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 252587151 - wrdw.com/a?a=252587151
Gray Television, Inc.