Thursday, March 27, 2014
AUGUSTA, GA (WRDW) -- Thursday morning's fire in the roof section of the plant was minor and caused by electrical problems above the ceiling, FPL plant officials said.
Fire crews said the fire at the FPL Food plant burned for hours.
Crews had been working to fight the blaze on New Savannah Road since 1:40 a.m. Officials say it reignited several times.
Plant officials say no person or cattle were injured in the blaze.
Officials say the plant will be closed temporarily to repair the damages.
Plant workers should call 706-364-5063 for updates and maintenance employees should come to work at their regularly scheduled times.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.