Elderly Lincoln Co. woman killed in fire

Fatal Fire

Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012

LINCOLNTON, Ga. -- State fire Investigators say a misplaced space heater caused a fire that killed an elderly woman in Lincoln County.

Officials say the fire started just before 9 a.m. on the 1100 block of Murray-Jones Circle in Lincoln County.

Betty Moss, 64, was killed in the fire.

Investigators have ruled the fire to be accidental. They say it started because the space heater was placed too close to the sofa.

Officials say Moss was home alone at the time and didn't have any working smoke alarms.

With cold weather in the forecast for the next few days, fire officials encourage everyone to be careful when heating their homes.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus