Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- A baby is recovering from burns after an Augusta home went up in flames Tuesday night.
Firefighters were sent to Watkins Street when flames started in a bedroom and spread to the rest of the home.
Crews say eight people lived there, and one of them was sleeping on the front porch when she noticed the flames. She was able to wake up everyone else, including two children.
The baby has burns on her right arm but is said to be OK.
Firefighters say they don't know what sparked the flames but say they believe it was an accident.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.