UPDATE: New information on cause of morning fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Richmond County firefighters now know what started a house fire.

Crews say unattended grease on the stove sparked the flames and smoke.

Fire crews were called to the house on the 2000 block of Boykin Road around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say one man was inside the home at the time. He was sent to the hospital with injuries to his knee.

They say there damage can be seen throughout the home.

Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.

Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.

WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176370621 - wrdw.com/a?a=176370621
Gray Television, Inc.