Crews battled a fire at the E-Z-GO Factory. (WRDW-TV / Oct. 17, 2012)
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Richmond County fire crews were out Wednesday morning after a factory caught on fire.
Firefighters were called to the E-Z-Go Textron Factory around 7 a.m.
Investigators say the fire was sparked by a welding slug after too much dust had accumulated in the vents.
They were able to put the fire out before there was any damage to the building, welding stations or pipes.
No one was injured in the fire.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.