Cigarettes lead to house fire in Augusta

By: Staff
By: Staff

Friday, July 25, 2014

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- Firefighters and a Hazmat team responded to a structure fire at 3445 Wayside Drive, the Augusta fire department said.

The people inside of the house made it out, however, there were multiple pets still inside when fire crews arrived, the fire department said. Firefighters rescued three puppies, two cats and three newborn kittens.

Cigarettes that had been lit were put on a mattress and someone threw clothes on top of them, the fire department said. The fire started there and the mattress was destroyed and there was only damage to that one room.

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 268611532 - wrdw.com/a?a=268611532